The website UberCEO (All Things CEO) conducted a study last month that we just discovered. The study of the Fortune 2009 list of the top 100 CEOs found:
- Only two CEOs have Twitter accounts.
- 13 CEOs have LinkedIn profiles, and of those only three have more than 10 connections.
- 81% of CEOs don’t have a personal Facebook page.
- Three quarters of the CEOs have some kind of Wikipedia entry, but nearly a third of those have limited or outdated information.
- Not one Fortune 100 CEO has a blog.
This slide show will give you the details of the study. Pretty shocking how little engagement the top CEOs have in social media.