[tweetmeme]If you want to get the real lowdown on the importance of blogging, the key words that will make people RT your blogs, and blogging best practices, then I suggest you view the slide presentation at the end of this post.
The results are fascinating
I won’t summarize the entire presentation – you can learn more by going through the slides (click on “The Science of Blogging” if you want a larger view).
But here are some quick nuggets I’ll share with you:
- To drive traffic to your site, blog on a regular basis, do guest blogging on authority sites, and get comments. Readers comment when there is something in it for them.
- Sex and positive points of view sell.
- Videos in your blogs get links; photos get comments.
- Most viewed words are insight and analysis: people want to read your unique point of view. Least viewed words are franchise, episode, futures.
- By far, the most commented word is “giveaway.” Stay away from overly technical jargon. Write simply and plainly and use good grammar.
- Timing: Blogs get the most views at 11 a.m., most comments between 8-9 a.m., most retweets at 4 p.m.
- Post early in the week for views and links and on the weekend for comments.
If you want to learn the 20 most reTweetable words, and the 20 least reTweetable words plus a lot of other helpful information for bloggers, then delve into the presentation.